Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Coupons & Ward party

So I have always wanted to learn how to coupon and save money, but it has always seemed so stressful and overwhelming to me. Well I have finally learned. I went to a class by savvy shopper and learned the right way to do it and save money, I also have a girl in my ward who has been doing this for a while helping me! I have only been doing it for a litte over a week and I have saved so much money! The trick is to find things on sale and then use a coupon on top of that. I am still a beginner and learning all the tricks, so if any of you do this and have any advice/tips for me I would love it! I put some pics of my shopping trips and savings. Josh thinks I am retarded for posting this, but it was fun for me to lay out all my stuff and see how much I actually saved!!

Shopping trip #1 + 4 more Nivea mens body wash:
9- bags cough drops
2- Nivea womens body wash
5- mens Nivea body wash
2- Reach floss
Childrens cough med.
Childrens flu med.
Simply saline nose spray
Baby Simply Saline spray
Crest pro health Rinse
Blink eye drops
Tylenol pain patches
Immune-C
Normal Cost: $61.92
I paid: $1.99
Saved: $59.93

Shopping trip #2:
Colgate toothpaste: FREE
2- hand sanitizers: $.99 each
Finish dish det. : $1
Purex 3 in 1 laundry: $1
Huggies diapers: $4.99
2- 24 pk. bottled water: $1.99 each
2- Trident layers gum: $.49 each
6- bags chocolate halloweeen candy: $1.49 each
Normal cost: $58.49
I paid: $22.87
Saved: $35.62



Shopping trip #3:
2- Schick Xtreme shaver 6 pack: FREE
(normally $6-$8)
Dawn dish soap: $.50
Crest toothpaste: FREE
Oral B toothbrush: $.25
Normal cost: $15.75
I paid: $.75
Saved: $15
Hope you enjoyed my savings. This will help us build our food storage so much! I am so excited and I just had to share!!!!

I have also got lots of free samples and trial sizes of things.

On another note, we recently went to our ward halloween/ chilli cookoff party. Bentley had lots of fun playing all the little games. We did a trunk or treat for all the kids and it was so much fun to watch Bentley get so excited about treats being put in her bucket!

This is Bent's costume which she loved wearing!!





Bentley and Josh eating their chilli.


Our pretty girl after church one Sunday!!






4 comments:

Jessica, McKay, Riley & Kayden said...

I started couponing as well. I have loved it and have so much stuff for such a great deal. I have a couple sites I follow to find good deals. If you want them I can e-mail them to you. It is fun to see what you get for such a great price.

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

Wow you have saved a lot of money, and gotten a lot of good stuff! You need to show me how to do that. Bentleys costume is cute, such a pretty little princess/fairy!

Preston and Jamyn said...

Nicole! I'm so glad you found me! (Benefits of the blogging world) :) It looks like life is great for you! Your little girl is adorable! Let's stay in touch! :)

Staci said...

I've always wanted to join the super-saver club but never seem to understand the exact way to do it. I'm glad you've caught on so quickly and have been saving so much, that has to be a nice feeling!

Bentley is adorable and seems to get cuter every day!