Monday, October 11, 2010

Our dog, Lady

This was Josh and Bentley watching our dog, Lady swim around the lake.
Lady swimming with Bentley.

This is our cute dog, Lady who recently died! Josh takes the dogs out in the hills and they run while following Josh is the jeep. Josh took them out one night after school and they ran a couple miles. Somehow Lady ran under the jeep and Josh ran her over. He got out and she ran over to him and then died his his arms. We have had a really hard time with this, especially Josh. He absolutely loves his dogs.


Lady was such a sweet dog. To Josh she was the perfect dog. He spent a lot of time training her. She was an amazing hunter; she would hold on point forever when she found a bird. She was also an excellent swimmer; she would swim all over the lake if we let her. She was very obedient and minded very well. She was also so good with kids. She loved Bentley and all the neighbor kids. She will definitely be missed....


Teaching Lady to point!



Locked on point on a pheasant wing.




Lady and Dixie.

Bentley picking some green tomatoes to give to Dixie. We have tried to pay special attention to Dixie since her buddy is gone.


Bentley using her dad's stethescope.


I thought this was so cute and had to snap a picture!


Bentley with her grandparents.


Josh's dad being brave to let him do an IV. I also broke down and let Josh do it on me. He did a really good job and it didn't even hurt.



Me and Josh went on the Muzzleloader deer hunt the end of September. We had a lot of fun together. We didn't see anything we could shoot. We did lots and lots of hiking. I think I got my workout for the month.

We started hiking at 5:30 and it took us about 2 hrs straight up to get to the top before sunrise. It was so beautiful up there.

We tried to find shade during the day! It was so miserably hot and that's why we didn't see many animals. They bed down when it gets too warm and stay there til the sun goes down.


Here we are at the top! Josh was making fun of my diamond studded sunglasses the whole time and said I was scaring all the deer away! :)


Just another pretty picture of the mountains!! We saw lots of deer, just none we could shoot and we saw a bunch of really big bull elk and moose. Josh is so patient to take me hunting with him. I enjoy being with him so much!!!
















8 comments:

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

What the... you didn't tell me about Lady!! That is sooo sad. She was such a good sweet dog. Hope Dixie is ok. Tell Josh i'm sorry.

Too bad you guys didn't see anything you could shoot, but i'm sure it was nice to just get out and enjoy the warm wather!

Staci said...

Nicole, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, that's too sad! I have always felt that my dogs are a part of my family which never makes it easy to lose them. It's great to have the memories you do. Hopefully your other dog will help fill that void.

The Egan Family said...

thats so sad about your dog! I would be sooo sad if our lil'dog died! I love that pic with bentley and your hubby checking eachothers heart with their stethescope.. so cute!

Erin said...

I'm so sorry about Lady. I have a dog named Lady too. Please tell Josh that I'm so sorry to hear about that, and to not stop smiling.

Candice said...

So sorry to hear about your dog I can't imagine that happening... I hope you guys are doing okay. Nicole your such a trooper going hunting with Josh he's a lucky husband! That's funny about you glasses!

kelsey and murray said...

i think that one of the hardest things is to let an animal go. i am sooo sorry you had to go through that. you should go get the book "dog heaven" its darling. its just a little picture book, but its soo sweet.
ps. is your hubby in paramedic school?

Katie Jean said...

So sad about your dog :( Im so sorry to hear that.

And I am soo not a fan of IV's. I've actually passed out at the sight of em before-wimp, I know, so I hear ya girl!

THE COX FAMILY said...

I'm so sorry about your dog. That sucks. I hope Josh will be ok. Cute pics though. It looks like you made a ton of fun memories with her.