Saturday, October 23, 2010

October fun

We had a fun halloween party on the Ludwig side. We ate food, played games, carved pumpkins, made crafts, and had yummy dessert.
Bentley and her cousins, Brooke, Cole, and baby Aspen. She can say all of their names pretty good now and loves to be with them.

Brooke and Bentley eating their dinner. Bent loved the olives.


Helping dad carve her pumpkin.




She wasn't too thrilled about her hands being so messy!



Bentley and her finished pumpkin!





This is the "after" picture of the railing and wall me and Josh did. Josh cut out the wall and we had to sheetrock, texture and glaze the wall. Then Josh built the post and the railing. Then we stained and glazed it. I am so happy with it and love how it opened up our living room area!!


For family night we decided to make caramel apples. Bentley had fun dipping the apples.

Bentley enjoying her caramel apple!



Bentley started falling out of her crib and after a few times of that we decided to put her crib into a toddler bed before she broke an arm or something else.

At first she was really excited about her big girl bed.


But when it was really time to go to bed she freaked out and would not stay in her bed. For about 4 nights she cried until she fell asleep on her floor right by the door. We would have to push the door open and put her into bed. Then she would come in our room and we'd have to take her back and do it all over again. This was such a hard week and I just wanted to give up and put it back to a crib. Because before this was was such a good sleeper and I never heard a peep from her. Well she's starting to get used to it and realizing it's not so bad. I am glad we stuck with it til she got used to it, even though it was so hard!



Me and Bentley got to go watch one of my brother's baseball games. His team has won all but one of their games. Bryce is an awesome player in the field and batting. I haven't been to one of his games in awhile and I was amazed at how good he is. He's the star of his team and he's got a really good team.

Bentley and Cami cheering on Bryce!!

Melissa and Jace all bundled up at the game! Jace didn't have a hat, so we put my moms ear warmers on him and we couldn't stop laughing at how funny it looked! He's adorable!















4 comments:

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

Wow your railing looks really good! I love it. Come do our house next:) I'm glad things are getting better with bentley and sleeping. That would have been really hard. Good job sticking to it!

Harward Family said...

Ahhhh so CUTE!! I love all of your pictures! Your railing looks so good. Josh is so talented. Bentley is getting so big. I am glad that she is finally sleeping in her bed for you. Brooklyn is going to be 3 soon and she is still in her crib. I am not looking forward to the day that we have to put her in a big girl bed. I know it's going to be soon :p She has only fallen out once and it scared her so she is so good to stay in. But I guess I can't keep her in it forever haha! I wish we could hang out more!!!

The Egan Family said...

Josh did a great job on your house and railing! That carmel apple looks delicious, I bet Bentley loved it!!

Calli Fox said...

Hi Nicole, If the whole toddler bed thing doesn't work for you, I would suggest the "crib tent" from Babies R Us. It goes over the top of the crib. Works like a charm!! Drew went from sleeping through the night, perfect naps and it all turned up side down when he learned how to get out of the crib. So I bought the crib tent and all was back to normal. He didn't get a big boy bed until he was 3.