Sunday, July 17, 2011

4th of July

We started out 4th at 4:30 in the morning as we woke up for our 1/2 marathon race in Salt Lake. This was the hardest half I have done. There were tons of hills and very steep too. I had some bad knee problems at mile 8, but I still got a pretty good time for having to slow down. This was Josh's first race and he did so awesome. I can't believe how fast he is. A lot of Josh's family did the race too, either the 1/2 or the 5k. It was really fun to do it all together and be there to support each other. It was funny to watch everyone the next couple of days, because we all had the hardest time doing stairs. We had to walk down sideways and backward because our quads were so sore.

I have loved training with Josh, even though he's a lot faster than me. He was very motivating and was always pushing me to go faster. I'm so excited I finally got him into running and he really likes it.

Stretching and realizing how wasted we feel.

Me and my sister in law, Missy.

My super cute sister in laws. I love them....
Everyone who raced.
Family that did the 1/2 marathon.
Bentley was there when we finished. She was our #1 supporter:)
After we rested a bit we went to my parents for a BBQ and my sister's birthday!
We did a few fireworks. Bentley loved the sparklers.
We ended our night at the Taylors to be with Josh's family. We did some fireworks and hung out. We were all pretty exhausted from the long day we had.
All of the cousins. Bentley wasn't very cooperative for these pictures, as you can tell.
Brooke and Bentley being our entertainment in between the fireworks.

No comments: