Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Stetson Rex is here!!

 These pictures are not in order for some reason, but here's the story....
Josh and I went into the hospital on December 17th at 7am. I was being induced this time. It was really weird to walk into the hospital and not be in labor. I was able to get ready and it was nice to not be in pain. I got all registered and stuff and by about 8:00 the nurses started my IV and started me on a low dose of pitocin. I was only dilated to a 1 and only about 50% thinned. It was nice at first to just relax and watch TV and read books, but that got old fast. I wasn't progressing much at all. I told Josh to leave and go run some errands that he needed to since he was incredibly bored. I wasn't able to eat or drink anything either and so I was starving. By about 5:00 my Dr. finally came, which I later found out she didn't want me on too high of a dose of pitocin because she had things she wanted to get done first. I was really bugged when I heard that from the nurses. My Dr upped the pitocin a lot and broke my water. I decided to have the epidural even though I was only dilated to a 4 because the anesthesiologist would be in a c-section for the next hour. When he did the epidural he said it didn't go as well as he would've liked. I was only numb on one side, so he came back and re did it. Josh and my Dr decided to go down to the cafeteria and get some dinner since it looked like it would still be awhile. After they left I felt a ton of pressure but just figured it was a strong contraction. My nurse came in shortly after and I told her about the pressure. She checked me and said I was fully dilated and the baby was coming out. So we hurried and called the Dr and Josh to come back because I was ready. I couldn't believe how fast it went once I got the epidural. (I think my body just relaxes once I get it, because that's how it's been with all 3 deliveries after I have the epidural. ) I pushed about 4 times and out he came. A perfect 7 lb 8 oz baby boy! They put him on my chest and I couldn't stop crying. What a beautiful thing giving birth is!! We are so happy to have our little boy here. We named him Stetson Rex. We have liked the name Stetson before we even knew he was a boy and Rex is Josh's great grandpas name!


In this pic I'm changing him getting ready to go home. I totally forgot how little they are and it was tricky getting him dressed!

Being weighed right after he was born.
Josh got to cut the cord!

Isn't he so precious?!
Waiting for Stetson to be born!
He was actually born at 7:15. Josh took the picture a little late.

A before pic in the hospital bathroom.



Going home outfit!








 The girls couldn't wait for us to get home so they could meet their brother. No kids are allowed to visit during cold and flu season. They were so happy to see him and wanted to hold him right away. Cami watched them at our house while we were at the hospital. They had so much fun with her.









My mom came and got the girls for a few nights once we got home. The girls had lots of fun with her and couldn't wait to get home and see their brother again.

We had some more family come and visit!




















Being home has been a bit rough! Stetson was up every hour the first few nights which was exhausting. And then Josh got really sick with influenza and then Raegan and Bentley also got it. I got a spinal headache and horrible neck pain from the epidural. The anesthesiologist went too far with the needle and so my spinal fluid was leaking and giving me a bad headache. It was so hard that Josh was so sick and so I didn't want him around the baby and he couldn't help and take care of me. It was a hard couple weeks. Raegan was miserable and wasn't getting better. She just cried all day and wanted me to hold her, which is incredibly hard with a new baby. We took her in to the dr and got a breathing machine and antibiotic for her ear infection. She finally started getting better after about a week. Stetson is also kind of hard baby because of acid reflux. Every time I feed him he's miserable afterward and is so fussy! We sure love him though and we're so excited to watch him grow!!



No comments: