Sunday, September 15, 2013

Opening weekend of the Archery Elk hunt

Me and the girls along with my parents and Bryce went camping in Cedar City for Josh's Bull elk hunt. It was a fun weekend riding 4 wheelers, shooting our bows, going on hikes, and of course hunting! We were camped in a beautiful spot surrounded by pines. A few friends also camped with us this weekend.

Kelty made sure she didn't get left out.

Raegan was a good baby even though she had an ear infection!

It rained everyday we were there. Apparently this is monsoon season. We still managed to have fun though. My parents brought their easy up to put over the fire so we weren't stuck in the trailer the whole time. 
Kelty made a buddy! Nobody in our family will let her do this.

My mom, Bryce, and Bentley went for a little ride.

We tried to watch a movie on the projector one night, but didn't get to watch much because it started to rain. 

I had a spike elk tag this year and got to go out one night while my mom and Bryce watched the girls. We hiked in and sat down thinking it would be awhile before the elk would come in, but all the sudden 2 spikes started walking in right to us. I was not ready and we couldn't move, because they were onto us. We were behind a tiny tree, so I couldn't stand up or they would see us, so I had to take a 40 yard shot(which I was not ready for because I'd only practiced out to 30 yards) on my knees through trees. It was a very hard shot and I of course missed. The elk ran out and my dad started cow calling and brought them back, but we couldn't get them any closer than 60 yards. I didn't get an elk, but it was way fun to see them that close and have them calling back to the cow call. 
While looking for my arrow Josh found this old elk carcass. You could tell it had been there awhile since it was all white.
My dad.

Enjoying the campfire.

While my mom watched the girls they made some popcorn! 


Hanging out by the stream!



We went on a little hike to switch out one of the trail cameras!! 

Josh didn't see anything he wanted to shoot this weekend, but he's got all month to find something.

No comments: