Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bent's 1st haircut & Yellowstone

Bentley still doesn't have much hair, but she had a major mullet going on so I had to trim it up. It was hard to cut off the long hair, but it looks so much better now!
For Christmas Josh's dad and stepmom gave us a trip to Yellowstone over New Years. We drove down New Year's Eve and stayed for a couple days! This is a picture of us getting our gear!
Here we are all bundled up on our ride! With the windchill it was -35 degrees. I have never felt anything that cold before. My toes were absolutely frozen and so we stopped at one of the warming huts and got some toe warmers for my boots and put on another layer. I felt much better after that! We rode for about 8 hours and saw all the different sites. We had lots of fun.
Here we are at the old faithful cafe getting warm and eating some lunch.
Me and Julie waiting for old faithful to start.
Josh and his dad.
There's old Faithful.
Here are some Buffalo we saw. They were everywhere. We also saw a bunch of elk and a coyote. I really wanted to see a wolf, but we didn't see any.
This was such a perfect snowman and so we had to take a picture with it.
Playing some games in our room. It took us a couple of hours to feel warm again from being in the frigid temperatures all day!
Can you believe how high these snow banks are?

On the way home!!

4 comments:

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

That looks like so much fun, but freeezing! I bet it was nice to get away for a bit and spend some time together.

Natalie said...

You guys are brave. I got cold just from looking at your pictures. That looks like fun though.

The Egan Family said...

I can't believe bentley needed a small haircut, she's getting so big! I love that pic with all that buffalo, what a fun trip!

Staci said...

Aww, Bentley's first haircut, so sweet! It seems like once the first one happens the hair tends to grow like crazy, I'm excited to see the cute things you'll do with her hair as it grows.

The buffalo this time of year are crazy in Yellowstone! I remember waiting on the road for over an hour with them surrounding our car. The people behind us had some little poodle that kept barking - funny small dogs and their "little dog syndrome". Glad you were able to get away and have some fun!