Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Ragnar Las Vegas

I had my first Ragnar experience and it was pretty dang fun! The group of girls I went with were so fun! I just love them all! We flew to Las Vegas, got a hotel and then got started on our running! My first leg was at 1:00 in the afternoon. It was super hot! It was 6 miles and I thought I'd be ok, but the heat got the best of me! I was throwing up and felt super weak! My friend Brooke hopped out of the car and started to run with me just for the support to get me through! It was so dang hard!! I made it through, but ended up getting heat stroke! I was freezing, nauseous and felt like crap! My next run would be at the same time the next day, but 8 miles instead of 6. So my friend traded me for her run. I ran at 4 am instead which was a much better experience other than being scared to death to run by myself. I did have my taser just in case!  And my poor friend ended up getting super sick the next day from running in the heat. I felt so bad that she traded me, but so grateful too!

WE had a blast cheering each other on, getting no sleep, dancing on the side of the road, and getting our carbs in! What a fun and hard experience!



And Josh is such a good dad! He took the kids swimming while I was away and had some fun dad bonding time.









 This is when I was dying! My friends came to my rescue after I ran up this big hill and sprayed me with water and got me a drink! 








No comments: